Saturday, April 3, 2010

Celebrate Easter with a Delicious Bath Cocktail...

I stumbled upon two amazing feel good's as I roamed the streets of the French Quarter this weekend. As I made my way past the bustling streetcars to the pralines at Southern Candymakers, I stumbled upon the sweetest little shop buried in a hole at the corner of Decatur. It's called Lush Cosmetics.

When I entered the little store, there was something almost spiritual about the atmosphere. It was warm and luxurious and the rich aroma was more than inviting. After playing with dream cream and bathing in lemon butter, I was in love.

And then I reached the bath bombs and bubble bars.

There was a heavenly array of choices before me as I approached the bath bar. Scents of avocado and rose oil overwhelmed me while benefits of mood enhancers and mineral water demanded my attention.

After much thought and indecision, I finally chose the Marzibain Bubble Bar and the detoxifying Sicilian Bath Bomb to compose my bath cocktail.

When I arrived home, I rushed to the bathroom in a fury to crumble my bubble bar beneath warm, running water. Then, I chunked the bomb into my bathtub and witnessed the biggest alka-seltzer explosion of my life.

The Marzibain bubble bar smelled of creamy almond icing and created the whitest, sweetest, fluffiest bubbles. Simultaneously, the Sicilian bath bomb released fresh scents of mandarin and neroli while tangerine oils took over my bath water.

I felt like I was eating marzipan while basking in the warm Italian sun and swimming in marshmallows all at the same time.

Who knew taking a bath could be so much fun?

-Swanky

P.S. Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment